SOLD Carved Wooden Peg Jointed Doll

 
SOLD!

This guy reminds me a bit of some mechanics I knew back in the early 60's with the matching pants and shirt.  I bet he once had a hat....maybe a cowboy hat?   I know nothing about this doll.  He is not marked on his back.  He can stand on his two feet.  :-)  If you have any guesses about who made this doll, or his vintage.  I'm guessing 30's to 60's.  The cloth is cotton and the belt is a braided trim which is not elastic.  The "tie" is made of ribbon and may be melting a bit - so not sure if silk or rayon.   I've shared some pictures to help out.  


 









Please ask any questions you have after reading the description and viewing the images by emailing Dixie at northdixie@gmail.com.

Contact & Terms

Contact: northdixie@gmail.com

Welcome to my selling site - I'm Dixie Redmond, artist and doll maker and you can see my work at my blog. I will be selling my own creations here as well as occasionally selling antique and vintage items. Vintage and antique items are sold as described and pictured, with no returns. Please ask questions and look at images carefully before purchasing. Questions about items are welcome. Items are shipped within two days of receiving cleared payment.

US Buyers: Items are available for shipping within the continental United States and are shipped via Priority Mail insured. Items sold to Maine residents are subject to sales tax.

International Buyers: If you live outside the United States and would like to purchase an item here, please email me BEFORE purchasing for shipping quotes. I ship Express mail with insurance overseas and I do not mark purchased items as gifts.